[ckan-dev] Resource upload error

Sajjad Anwar sajjad.anwar at apu.edu.in
Tue Mar 20 06:26:58 UTC 2012

Hello,

I've setup CKAN and now have issues with uploading files and resources.
After creating a dataset, when I try adding a resource file, I get the
following error "Failed to get credentials for storage upload. Upload
cannot proceed"

When I go to /storage/upload to upload a file, I get a "Server Error".

I followed the steps here
http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/filestore.html and
http://packages.python.org/ckanext-storage. Edited the config file to
add the following:

## Required
## 'Bucket' (subdirectory for file based storage) to use for file storage
ckan.storage.bucket = /home/<user>/<data_folder>

ckan.plugins = storage
ofs.impl = pairtree
ofs.storage_dir = /home/<user>/<data_folder>

I checked the apache logs and this is what I can see:
"Error - <class
'pairtree.storage_exceptions.NotAPairtreeStoreException'>: , referer:
http://192.168.1.64/dataset/edit/<dataset_name>"

Also, the /api/storage/auth/form/<label>/ GET call doesn't seem to be working.
I guess this is the problem.

Any leads?

Thanks.
Sajjad.