[ckan-dev] Resource upload error

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Tue Mar 20 11:34:28 UTC 2012

> I've setup CKAN and now have issues with uploading files and resources.
> After creating a dataset, when I try adding a resource file, I get the
> following error "Failed to get credentials for storage upload. Upload
> cannot proceed"
>
> When I go to /storage/upload to upload a file, I get a "Server Error".
>
> I followed the steps here
> http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/filestore.html and
> http://packages.python.org/ckanext-storage. Edited the config file to
> add the following:
>
> ## Required
> ## 'Bucket' (subdirectory for file based storage) to use for file storage
> ckan.storage.bucket = /home/<user>/<data_folder>
>
> ckan.plugins = storage
> ofs.impl = pairtree
> ofs.storage_dir = /home/<user>/<data_folder>
>
> I checked the apache logs and this is what I can see:
> "Error - <class
> 'pairtree.storage_exceptions.NotAPairtreeStoreException'>: , referer:
> http://192.168.1.64/dataset/edit/<dataset_name>"

Hi Sajjad, this looks like a known issue that will be fixed in the next
release. For now, you should be able to get around it: you need to let
pairtree know that your data folder is actually a pairtree repository,
by creating an empty file called pairtree_version0_1 inside the data
folder. By the data folder, I mean the directory that you've set as your
ofs.storage_dir. Then is should work

Let me know if that helps