[ckan-dev] killing cookies

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Mar 9 18:16:42 UTC 2012

On 9 March 2012 18:13, David Read <david.read at hackneyworkshop.com> wrote:
[...]
>>> BTW I think CKAN should be configurable to not have that the 'welcome
>>> bar' at all, solving this problem for clients that use a cache and
>>> have no need for the welcome bar.
>>

>> That's one option but I'd like to see it go. IMHO the help link on the page
>> should be easy to find so that the bar is not needed.
>
> I was going to start a campaign along these lines! Rufus justified it
> since stackoverflow.com has it.

Tom and I originally thought this was a useful / good idea -- we had
seen a lot of users come to the site and not know what is going on.
However, our experience suggests that this feature does not add a lot
and I think I (and Tom?) are +1 on removing it.

(And I'm a big +1 on removing rather than making configurable ... ;-) )

Rufus