[ckan-dev] Future of the publisher refactor

Ian Murray ian.murray at okfn.org
Mon Mar 26 09:07:53 UTC 2012

Hi,

quick note in-line below....

On 23 March 2012 13:14, James Gardner <james at 3aims.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> > * When you edit the group, there is no functionality to add/edit or
> >   manage users eg /group/users/test gives a 404.
>
> I tell a lie. With today's master this is now there. The
> publisher_dataset_form isn't listed in setup.py though and the code for
> that isn't merged into master yet so you can't use that plugin.
>
> > * The list of a user's groups doesn't appear in their profile page the
> >   way it did for DGU
> > * There is none of the "request access to a publisher workflow" on the
> >   profile page
>
> The above issues are still there.
>
> I've also noticed that when using master with a fresh Solr 1.4.1 core
> and the CKAN schema, if I create a new dataset (either from the groups
> page or directly) and I have the publisher_form plugin enabled, it
> doesn't get indexed. I've got:
>
> ckan.plugins = stats publisher_form
> #ckan.async_notifier = true
> ckan.build_search_index_synchronously = true
> ckan.auth.profile = publisher
> solr_url = http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr
> ckan.site_id = ckan.net
>
> No errors appear anywhere.
>
> When I disable the publisher_form extension, the indexing works again.

Although this sounds strange, one thing to note is that the synchronous
search is enabled by enabling the "synchronous_search" plugin.  As I
understand it, the "ckan.build_search_index_synchronously = true" setting
is deprecated.  Still, it's strange that it works without the
publisher_form extension...