[ckan-dev] Hidden text is too hidden

Mark Wainwright mark.wainwright at okfn.org
Tue May 1 11:28:51 UTC 2012

There are a couple of problems with 'hidden' text in description
fields, such as here:

http://thedatahub.org/dataset/patent-nber

1. The hidden text is supposed to be revealed by clicking on an
elegant little chevron. But this looks like a bit of decoration; it's
easy not to realise there's more information there (and I didn't
realise it for some time, even when I was looking for it). It should
say something obvious like 'Read more ...'

2. The revealing mechanism doesn't work in Google Chrome - at least
not this version:

17.0.963.79 (Developer Build 125985 Linux) Built on Ubuntu 11.10,
running on LinuxMint 12

The chevron changes shape when clicked on, but nothing else happens. I
had to load the page in another browser (Firefox) to see what was
going on.

Mark

--
Mark Wainwright, CKAN Community Co-ordinator
Open Knowledge Foundation http://okfn.org/