[ckan-dev] Metadata queries

Mark Wainwright mark.wainwright at okfn.org
Thu May 10 11:34:17 UTC 2012

More queries from my conversation this morning - about metadata.

3. I want different metadata fields in a CKAN instance. Of course I
can set up any metadata fields I like, but I work in a field that has
standard RDF vocabularies, and I want to ensure that when the metadata
is output as RDF the correct vocabularies are used. Can I configure
that?

4. My datasets are of various kinds (say, theses, published papers,
unpublished notes ...) and I want different kinds of dataset to have
different mandatory fields. Eg a thesis should have mandatory fields
for 'Degree' and 'Supervisor', whereas a paper will have different
ones ('Journal' and 'Volume' say). Can I set up validation on data
entry to do this?

Mark

--
Mark Wainwright, CKAN Community Co-ordinator
Open Knowledge Foundation http://okfn.org/