[ckan-dev] Demo theme test server

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed May 16 14:07:40 UTC 2012

I've begun setting up a VM on s031 running the feature-2375-demo-theme branch:

http://s031.okserver.org:2375/

It's an Ubuntu 10.04 VM containing a CKAN source install deployed with
Apache (on the VM) and with the feature-2375-demo-theme branch checked
out.

I've enabled these plugins:

ckan.plugins = stats synchronous_search disqus social demo qa

ckanext-spatial is installed into the virtualenv but not enabled yet because
it has been broken by recent model changes on master.

I haven't tried to install datastorer, perhaps someone could give me
some help with that.

Questions
---------

Shall I use the same gs key for storage as demo.ckan.org uses?

Shall I use the same sharethis key for social?

I haven't imported any datasets yet. I guess we want the same ones as
demo.ckan.org has. How were datasets imported to demo.ckan.org? I see an
import_tdh_datasets.py script on there, do I just need to use that?

Instructions
------------

For example, to update s031.okserver.org:2375 to the latest commit on
feature-2375-demo-theme. First ssh into s031 and from there ssh into the
vm:

ssh okfn at s031.okserver.org
cd Vagrant/feature-2375-demo-theme
vagrant ssh

Now on the vm, ckan is installed at /usr/local/feature-2375-demo-theme.
cd into the pyenv and git pull:

cd /usr/local/feature-2375-demo-theme/pyenv/src/ckan
git pull

You may need to restart Apache (on the VM, not on s031):

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

To update one of the extensions it would be the same, except cd into the
extension's dir not ckan's, e.g.

cd /usr/local/feature-2375-demo-theme/pyenv/src/ckanext-demo