[ckan-dev] Resource types

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Thu May 24 13:04:31 UTC 2012

Currently resource types are a little confused.

csv, CSV, text/csv should all be treated as the same type as far as search
faceting is concerned for example

It seems to me that we should really have this in the model but I'm not
sure if we should have a new unified_format field or change the existing
formats.

I know there was some discussions on this subject in the past but not sure
of the conclusion

we need this for the demo-theme branch and I'd be happy to do the work if
we can agree on how we want to do this.  It seems like the simple approach
is to make all formats lowercase and ignore the first part of text/csv
application/zip type formats we might also need to have some custom
mappings for specific formats

as ever what do people think/ objections etc

Toby