[ckan-dev] Resource text search

Eduardo Santos eduardo.edusantos at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:54:13 UTC 2012

Hi Salman,

Thank you for your comment. I saw your message and Rufus response. It
seems like we are doing the same thing in different approaches.

> Since your data is in XML/RDF format and ElasticSearch is a JSON document
> store, you will have to convert your source data appropriately.

I found a simple RDF->Json script that should fulfill my purpose:
http://docs.api.talis.com/platform-api/output-types/rdf-json

The only challenge here will be to keep elastic search and json
identifiers the same.

Talking about my work, what I've been done so far is to create two
extensions:

1 - Datadaemon extension that goes to RDF source, retrieves the file and
store it and its hash in database. It's just to keep control of
downloaded files and very similar to datastore-client

2 - My extension that will have to:

- Parse the downloaded RDF document
- Insert it as a Ckan resource (PostgreSQL) and elastic search document
- Extend ResourceSearchQuery class to query elastic search for resource
contents
- Create an UI to show the documents in a more user friendly way.

Perharps we could share work somehow?

--
Eduardo Santos
Analista de Sistemas