[ckan-dev] Resource text search

Haq, Salman Salman.Haq at neustar.biz
Tue May 8 13:27:02 UTC 2012

On 5/8/12 9:12 AM, "Eduardo Santos" <eduardo.edusantos at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Sean,
>
>Thank you for your answer. Comments below:
>
>> If I understand the question right, you want to use the CKAN API to
>> search inside the contents of a resource?
>

>My initial idea is to use Ckan as a content repository. I'm going to
>import data in RDF format from another system and store it inside a Ckan
>dataset as a resource. On that case, users would search mostly for
>resources, not exactly for datasets.
>
>I need to show resources in a more user friendly way also. But that's
>just about changing the interface.
>
>>  You can do this with some
>> resources using CKAN's DataStore and Data API, see here:
>>
>> http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/datastore.html
>
>The documentation is a little bit hard to understand. Considering what
>I've learned from practice, it seems like Nginx configuration is wrong
>on that page and it's right here:
>http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/using-data-api.html
>
>It seems like the right approach is to really use elastic search in
>the /api/data address, considering the API documentation.
>
>The case is: I have to store a resource inside Ckan and search for it
>later. What would be the best way to accomplish that?

I have a similar use case as yours.

Since your data is in XML/RDF format and ElasticSearch is a JSON document
store, you will have to convert your source data appropriately.

There have also been some discussion about supporting JSON-LD documents.
See Rufus's emails from yesterday.

There is also the ckanext-rdf extension which may be useful for you, but
I'm not very familiar with it. Perhaps somebody else can chime in.

Thanks,
Salman