[ckan-dev] CKAN is mis-handling Accept header

Ross Jones ross.jones at okfn.org
Wed May 23 10:51:53 UTC 2012

I realise that discussing 2616 is a bit of a mine field .. but ...

On 21 May 2012, at 19:21, Timothy Lebo wrote:

> The following returns HTML:
>
> curl -H "Accept: text/turtle,application/turtle,application/rdf+xml;q=0.8,text/plain;q=0.9,*/*;q=.5" http://thedatahub.org/dataset/farmers-markets-geographic-data-united-states

From my (probably rusty) understanding of Accept this actually says ….

I would prefer text/turtle, or application/turtle. If you can't do that then I'll take text/plain(0.9), failing that send me application/rdf+xml(0.8) and if you still can't do that I'll take whatever you've got.  In our case whilst we don't have a turtle serialisation of the RDF and your client expressed a preference for text.

Having said all of that, I am fixing accept handling at present so will ensure it is doing the right thing, but I expect even with the correction to the qval it may still not work right now.

Ross.