[ckan-dev] CKAN is mis-handling Accept header

Timothy Lebo lebot at rpi.edu
Wed May 23 12:09:50 UTC 2012

Ross,

On May 23, 2012, at 6:51 AM, Ross Jones wrote:

> I realise that discussing 2616 is a bit of a mine field .. but ...
>
> On 21 May 2012, at 19:21, Timothy Lebo wrote:
>
>> The following returns HTML:
>>
>> curl -H "Accept: text/turtle,application/turtle,application/rdf+xml;q=0.8,text/plain;q=0.9,*/*;q=.5" http://thedatahub.org/dataset/farmers-markets-geographic-data-united-states
>>

> From my (probably rusty) understanding of Accept this actually says ….
>
> I would prefer text/turtle, or application/turtle. If you can't do that then I'll take text/plain(0.9), failing that send me application/rdf+xml(0.8) and if you still can't do that I'll take whatever you've got.

Yes, that is how I would interpret the Accept example.

>  In our case whilst we don't have a turtle serialisation of the RDF and your client expressed a preference for text.

Sorry, text/plain is the mime for the NTRIPLES format. I could see how that could be confused with html.
I'll swap my scores for text/plain and application/rdf+xml so that there is no confusion.

> Having said all of that, I am fixing accept handling at present so will ensure it is doing the right thing,

Thanks!

> but I expect even with the correction to the qval it may still not work right now.

Acknowledged. After your fixes, I can try my tools out again, and tweak my Accept to suit.

Regards,
Tim