[ckan-dev] lib.helpers.unselected_facet_items() proposed change

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu May 24 14:42:25 UTC 2012

I'd *really* like to see so much of the search and facet stuff go into
javascript and out of pure templates which would render almost all of
this discussion irrelevant and obsolete :-) -- personally, I really
think this is the way to go (pure JS + HTML + API).

See:

http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/1745 - dataset UX improvements
http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/1737 - expose SOLR based API

Rufus

On 24 May 2012 15:30, Toby Dacre <toby.okfn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ckan demo needs to show all the facets, selected and unselected
>
> I have created a new helper function
> get_facet_items_dict(facet, limit=10, exclude_active=False)
>
> It basically does the same thing as unselected_facet_items() except that it
> also adds 'active' : True/False to the dicts in the list
> I'd like to make unselected_facet_items()just call it (..
> exclude_active=True) to avoid code duplication.
>
> To me this seems to be an acceptable change to make anyone want to say I'm
> crazy?
>
> Thanks
> Toby

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation