[ckan-dev] Add dataset and schemas

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue May 29 08:05:51 UTC 2012

On 28 May 2012 17:11, Toby Dacre <toby.okfn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As part of the demo redesign the add data page is becoming more stage
> driven. http://s031.okserver.org:2375/dataset/new
> This means that we want to create a basic dataset record then add more info
> as we go along.

Really like this.

> Currently we have all the fields eg author in a big form (bits hidden etc)
> so the reduced dataset we are trying to save in demo fails
>
>  incorrect form fields posted, missing set(['maintainer', 'author',
> 'author_email', 'tag_string', 'maintainer_email', 'url', 'version',
> 'log_message', 'extras'])
>
> if I pretend I'm part of the api then all works ok.  What do people think is
> the best way forwards? do forms really need to be supplying all these
> fields?

No don't think we need all of these. Guess is issue is how do you
enforce 'eventual' schema validation (when you are finished) --
probably not that hard (or you can even invert -- let people fail
validation and then create issues/notification saying your dataset is
not complete - it will not go public until you add x,y,z)

Rufus

PS: What do people think of rename of tags -> keywords (generally)