[ckan-dev] Add dataset and schemas

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Mon May 28 16:11:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

As part of the demo redesign the add data page is becoming more stage
driven. http://s031.okserver.org:2375/dataset/new
This means that we want to create a basic dataset record then add more info
as we go along.

Currently we have all the fields eg author in a big form (bits hidden etc)
so the reduced dataset we are trying to save in demo fails

 incorrect form fields posted, missing set(['maintainer', 'author',
'author_email', 'tag_string', 'maintainer_email', 'url', 'version',
'log_message', 'extras'])

if I pretend I'm part of the api then all works ok.  What do people think
is the best way forwards? do forms really need to be supplying all these
fields?

Toby