[ckan-dev] My profile vs dashboard

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 17:47:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm curious as to what the difference between my profile and the dashboard
is.  From what I can see the difference mainly seems to be that the
dashboard is currently only for the logged in user but currently the info
it displays is only the 'news stream'.

My interest stems from integrating the user authorization and organization
joining requests.

Is the main difference that profile information is public whereas the
dashboard is private or is the type of information that decides which place
is used.

Secondly I think it might be good to have some sort of extension point to
add new 'tabs' to the dashboard/profiles

what do people think?
Toby