[ckan-dev] Pull requests

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 12:54:19 UTC 2012

Hi, just one of those general request to get progress on some pull
requests.  Although most are not essential it would be nice to get these
closed.

The first however has an impact on the 2939-orgs branch as it changes the
groups templates and if it gets merged into master will reduce the amount
of reworking needed in the 2939 branch.
3016 template tweaks <https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/182>
https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/182

This make some changes to the templates - essentially it creates base
templates for users and groups to make the templates more modular
Additionally some helper functions h.build_nav() and build_nav_icon() have
been introduced to make creating nav links (tabs/breadcrumbs) simpler.  For
this some additions to routes such as specifying the icon to use at route
creation time via ckan_icon param have been added.

Clean config from jinja templates <https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/180>

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/180
Removes the config from being available in jinja2 templates the global is
used instead this makes slightly more readable.  I've also made a data
structure to define how config options are changed to globals including
type, default etc. Join patch set by John Martin and I.

Patch to compile less when minifying
files<https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/176>
https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/176/files

Compile the less files via a paster command as well as generate the
`alternative` themes.  Currently this happens as part of the JavaScript
minification paster command as they should probably be done at the same
time.  node.js is still used to do the less compilation as there does not
appear to be a pure python library.  Maybe the js translation files should
also be done as part of this same process?  Or alternatively do we need a
more general `rollout` paster command that does all the required work in
the correct order translations, doc creation, css generation, minification
etc.  So this is probably not quite ready to merge till we agree that
approach.

Auto populate some of context in
get_action()<https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/172>
https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/172/files

Allows for things ( session, model, user ) to not need passing in the
context to get_action() calls.  This will reduce the amount of boiler plate
needed when calling actions (in fact a context of None can be passed if
required and one will be created).  Not needing to specify session and
model would be particularly helpful for extensions as they would not need
to import model.  The changes to controllers/user where are for
demonstration purposes.

[#3003] New pg databases should be created with UTF8 encoding rather than
system... <https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/161>

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/161

Basically add the -E uft-8 option to createdb calls.  I've implemented via
commit
https://github.com/okfn/ckan/commit/a14db47c4598f827423087cc9362f40ef2ae5b59so
this request just need closing if people are happy or the commit
reverting if it is not acceptable.

[#3002] API v1/2 'legacy' search parameters must be escaped
<https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/160>

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/160

It would be good if we either take this patch or my offered alternative or
closed it as not needed/won't fix