[ckan-dev] Pull requests

Joshua Tauberer tauberer+consulting at govtrack.us
Sun Nov 25 18:28:53 UTC 2012

For what it's worth-

/Re: [#3003] New pg databases should be created with UTF8 encoding
rather than system.../

On a fresh install on Ubuntu 12.10 (I think it was 12.10 and not 12.04),
the database was created with UTF8 by default. So this patch may not be
needed.

When I submitted the pull request, I hit this problem with CKAN 1.7 on
whatever distro was recommended for 1.7, 10.04 I think. But it's
possible I had some local difference that caused the default to be
different.

/[#3002] API v1/2 'legacy' search parameters must be escaped /

Without escaping, the search API is extremely limited. Filtering is
impossible unless you are lucky enough to not have used any special
characters.

Over at hub.healthdata.gov, we're going to have to keep applying a local
patch unless/until this is applied.

Josh