[ckan-dev] User Read tabs css not in primer

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:07:40 UTC 2012

On 13 November 2012 14:58, John Martin <john.martin.okfn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As per my earlier email I've setup a branch to see any changes mentioned:
>
> https://github.com/okfn/ckan/tree/3016-template-tweaks
>
> The tabs used in /user/<name> are not in the primer /testing/primer  it
> would be good if they were there for easy browser testing etc
>
> This has been added.
>
> also is it possible to change the active tab so that the html would be
>
> <li>
> <a class='active'>...</a>
> </li>
>
> rather than
>
> <li class="active">
> <a class="active">...</a>
> </li>
>
> I'd like to change all the relevant HTML to match the bootstrap (and my
> personal preference) way of doing things:

> All other cases of navs within CKAN 2.0 are done like this (apart from the
> main nav).

Ok so can we change the main nav to be like that?

I'm happy to change the generating code that way we are consistent

> We have the double class="active" on the dom elements because the <a
> class="active" /> get's applied within the `h.link_for()` method. Also in
> order to change the main nav to have the correct class convention would
> mean a change to `link_for`, which I think is a little unnecessary and I
> don't know the full implications on changing something like that.

This will get changed because it makes sense (only for new style templates)
we want to aim for clarity in our code

As noted on the branch I'm cleaning up the links (so I can add new sections
to user profile/dashboard) and also this will clean the breadcrumbs

are you happy with that?