[ckan-dev] CKAN Browser Testing Methodology

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Thu Nov 22 12:05:54 UTC 2012

I'd recommend ignoring older versions of Firefox and Chrome - it is
pretty hard to get hold of these anyway, particularly Chrome. Looking
at DGU analytics ( http://data.gov.uk/data/site-usage ) >90% of
Firefox users switched from v15 to v16 within 1 month. I looked at
Chrome users switching from v22 to v23 and amazingly 75% had switched
within 6 days!

It might be worth considering Safari, since our analytics suggest
these four versions are currently all above 1% of views:
536.26.14 = Safari 6.0.1
8536.25 = Safari 6.0
534.57.2 = Safari 5.7
7534.48.3 = Safari 5.1 (includes iPhone 5)

Pragmatically I would have thought that once you've tested on IE7/8/9
and a recent webkit then you've covered most likely issues.

Dave