[ckan-dev] CKAN 'on-behalf-of'

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Sun Nov 25 12:16:20 UTC 2012

> Does anyone know if CKAN does 'on-behalf-of' depositing of datasets
> (Depositing datasets on behalf of another user)? Or if it's planned?

We do have "Author" and "Maintainer" fields on datasets by default.
Would those fit? I'm not sure exactly what your use-case is.

By default the new dataset form also allows a user to enter her own
custom key-value fields, so she could enter 'on-behalf of'
'Someone Else' into one of these.

If you want a 'proper' on-behalf-of field, you can customise CKAN's
dataset form and schema to add your own fields. See the IDatasetForm
plugin interface:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/writing-extensions.html#ckan.plugins.interfaces.IDatasetForm

http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/forms.html