No subject

Thu Oct 25 19:26:07 UTC 2012

"
Install the CKAN source code into your virtualenv. To install the
latest development version of CKAN (the most recent commit on the
master branch of the CKAN git repository), run:

pip install -e 'git+https://github.com/okfn/ckan.git#egg=3Dckan'

Alternatively, to install a specific version such as CKAN 1.7.1 run:

pip install -e 'git+https://github.com/okfn/ckan.git@ckan-1.7.1#egg=3Dckan'
"

To check if you are using the 1.8 branch, you can run this command on
the source ckan directory:

git branch

If you are not on it, the following command will check it out:

git pull
git checkout release-v1.8

Regarding your other issues, please report any particular problems
that you found, but yes, you need to load the "cswserver" plugin to
activate the csw server interface (to be replaced by a pycsw based
one, check other messages on the list for this). For displaying the
extent map you need to activate the "dataset_extent_map" plugin. Check
the ckanext-spatial README for more details.

Hope this helps,

Adri=C3=A0

[1] https://github.com/okfn/ckan/blob/release-v1.8/ckan/authz.py
[2] http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.8/install-from-source.html#install-ckan-=