[ckan-dev] Setting up DataStore

Joshua Tauberer tauberer+consulting at govtrack.us
Fri Oct 5 21:55:26 UTC 2012

On 10/04/2012 03:29 PM, Dominik Moritz wrote:
> The datastore works with PostgreSQL 9.0 to 9.2. CKAN 2 runs on all distros. The OKFN uses debian based distros for their demos and the datahub.

Okay, I've switched to Ubuntu 12.04 which has Postgres 9

I've gotten through more or less all of the install steps through
create-read-only-user. Except I had to create the write user on my own
before the create-read-only-user step (e.g. createuser -S -D -R -P
ckan_datastore_rw_user), which isn't clear from the documentation.

But at runtime accessing a resource page (e.g.
/dataset/test/resource/GUID) I get:

ProgrammingError: (ProgrammingError) permission denied for relation
_table_metadata
  'SELECT 1 FROM "_table_metadata" WHERE name = %s AND alias_of IS NULL'
(u'1b34c911-ed48-4563-b638-653132a9a2f1',)

Seems like the write user lost its access to the datastore table. (I
checked that the postgres user can execute that statement OK.) I'm not
familiar with Postgres permissions or the DataStore table layout so I
don't know what I should do to fix that.

Thanks.

(These questions are helpful, right? I don't want to be bugging you if
the best thing is for me to just hang tight for a while.)

--
- Joshua Tauberer
- http://razor.occams.info