[ckan-dev] Setting up DataStore

Dominik Moritz domoritz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 17:34:11 UTC 2012

Hi Joshua,

You discovered a bug in the installation script. Thank you very much for that. You questions and error descriptions are very useful and help improving the setup a lot.

For now, you can run this command to fix the permissions in your setup:

ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR USER "{writeuser}" IN SCHEMA public
   GRANT SELECT ON TABLES TO "{readonlyuser}";

I'm sorry that you have run into all these issues with the set-up. There are just so many configurations which makes the set-up phase really difficult to test. I hope that you'll enjoy the datastore once it's set up.

Regards,
Dominik