[ckan-dev] File Upload Users

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Oct 10 09:22:52 UTC 2012

> I've got the fileupload running (fortunately ;-) and everythings works as
> expected as long as I am logged in as sysadmin.
>
> But if I try to upload a file as admin or editor of an organization - it
> fails with "Failed to get credentials for storage upload. Upload cannot
> proceed" -

Hey, this is not expected behaviour. All users should be able to upload
files, whether they are normal users, sysadmins, or organization
members, as long as they're allowed to edit the dataset the file is
being uploaded to.

Which version of CKAN are you running? And is there a traceback or other
error detail in your terminal or log file?