[ckan-dev] RSS-Feed for new Datasets

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri Oct 19 11:01:20 UTC 2012

> we want to use custom rss feeds on our site (data.gv.at) to show new and
> updated datasets for the whole catalogue and for each organization in
> particular.

Hey, certain feeds of recently created or updated datasets are available
in CKAN by default:

/feeds/dataset.atom <- For the whole site
/feeds/group/{name}.atom <- For datasets in a group
/feeds/tag/{name}.atom <- For datasets with a tag
/feeds/custom.atom?q=... <- Datasets matching a search query

ckan/controllers/feed.py is the place to look for how this works and
what possibilities there are.

I'm not sure how customisable these feeds are (if at all). Ian?

For feeds generated by /revision/list?format=atom, are you saying you've
added your own code to implement the created=1 parameter? I would have
to see your code to comment on why it isn't working.

You might want to try working with the feed controller instead, might be
easier.