[ckan-dev] CSW, ISO and Spatial Extension

Florian Marienfeld florian.marienfeld at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Oct 29 08:48:25 UTC 2012

Hi all,

we are also working on the CSW harvester for the German Open Data
Portal. We need to import geo-related ISO191xx metadata from several CSW
servers, including geonetworks. The two key challenges are filtering the
fraction of records that has proper resource+license and transforming
into CKAN-package format. But instead of general CKAN metadata we want
to procude packages that conform the the German Open Gov Data metadata
json-schema:
https://github.com/fraunhoferfokus/ogd-metadata

We'll feed our questions, code and findings into this list and
https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial .

Looking forward to collaborating on this, best regards,

FLO