[ckan-dev] File upload error

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Mon Sep 3 09:25:21 UTC 2012

> A log file is attached: it happened when a file selected and uploaded. It
> seems that ofs.impl needs to be added in ini file. BTW, I installed CKAN
> with packages.

Yes, from the log file it looks like ofs.impl is missing from your
config file. You need to put ofs.impl in your ini file, plus some other
settings which depend on whether you're using local or cloud file
storage. You'll also need to install either pairtree or boto. Follow the
docs here:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.7.1/filestore.html

It should work fine with a 1.7.1 package install