[ckan-dev] File upload error

Kim Haklae haklaekim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 15:38:13 UTC 2012

Thanks.
After reading the instruction, I have re-installed and configured a ckan
instance again. Still, same error occurred. This was what I did:

1. package install
2. pairtree install
3. create a local storage folder and change permission (rwx)
4. update std.ini

[app:main]
ckan.storage.bucket = uploads
## OFS configuration
ofs.impl = pairtree
# directory on disk for data storage (should be empty)
ofs.storage_dir = /var/local/ckan

5. apache restart
6. after logged in, file upload tested -> got same error.

I attached apache log and a result of 'pip freeze' command.

pip freeze
Babel==0.9.4
Beaker==1.5.4
BeautifulSoup==3.1.0.1
Brlapi==0.5.5
Cheetah==2.0.1
CouchDB==0.6
FormAlchemy==1.4.1
FormEncode==1.2.2
GnuPGInterface==0.3.2
Mako==0.3.4
MarkupSafe==0.9.2
PAM==0.4.2
PIL==1.1.7
Pairtree==0.7.1-T
Paste==1.7.4
PasteDeploy==1.3.3
PasteScript==1.7.3
Pygments==1.3.1
Pylons==0.10
Routes==1.12.3
SQLAlchemy==0.6.3
Tempita==0.4
Twisted-Core==10.1.0
Twisted-Names==10.1.0
Twisted-Web==10.1.0
WebError==0.10.2
WebHelpers==1.0
WebOb==0.9.8
WebTest==1.2.1
adium-theme-ubuntu==0.3
apachemiddleware==0.1.1
apt-xapian-index==0.39
apturl==0.4.1ubuntu7
argparse==1.1
autoneg==0.5
ckan==1.7.1
command-not-found==0.1
configglue==0.9pre1
decorator==3.2.0
distribute==0.6.14
flup==1.0.2
gnome-app-install==0.4.7ubuntu2
httplib2==0.6.0
jockey==0.5.10
launchpadlib==1.6.1
lazr.restfulclient==0.9.20
lazr.uri==1.0.2
licenses==0.6.1
louis==2.0.0
lxml==2.2.6
nose==0.11.1
nvidia-common==0.0.0
oauth==1.0a
ofs==0.4.1
onboard==0.94.0
papyon==0.5.1
pexpect==2.3
protobuf==2.3.0
psycopg2==2.2.1
pyOpenSSL==0.10
pycrypto==2.0.1
pycups==1.9.51
pycurl==7.19.0
pyinotify==0.8.9
pyserial==2.3
pysmbc==1.0.8
python-apt==0.7.96.1ubuntu11
python-debian==0.1.16ubuntu1
python-ldap==2.3.11
python-openid==2.2.4
python-virtkey==0.60.0
pyutilib.component.core==4.1
pyxdg==0.19
rdflib==2.4.2
repoze.who==1.0.18
repoze.who-friendlyform==1.0b3
repoze.who-testutil==1.0rc1
repoze.who.plugins.ldap==1.0
repoze.who.plugins.openid==0.5
repoze.who.plugins.sa==1.0rc2
scgi==1.13
screen-resolution-extra==0.0.0
sessioninstaller==0.0.0
simplejson==2.1.1
solr==0.9.4
speechd==0.3
speechd-config==0.0
system-service==0.1.6
ubuntu-sso-client==1.0.3
ubuntuone-storage-protocol==1.4.0
ufw==0.30.0-1ubuntu2
unattended-upgrades==0.1
usb-creator==0.2.23
vdm==0.10
virtualenv==1.4.9
wadllib==1.1.4
web.py==0.34
wsgiref==0.1.2
xkit==0.0.0
zope.interface==3.6.1

apache error.log
[Wed Sep 05 00:34:47 2012] [error]
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/ckan/controllers/storage.py:408:
DeprecationWarning: pylons.c is deprecated. Your project should import
pylons.tmpl_context as cinstead:
[Wed Sep 05 00:34:47 2012] [error]
[Wed Sep 05 00:34:47 2012] [error] Before:
[Wed Sep 05 00:34:47 2012] [error]     from pylons import c
[Wed Sep 05 00:34:47 2012] [error]
[Wed Sep 05 00:34:47 2012] [error] After:
[Wed Sep 05 00:34:47 2012] [error]     from pylons import tmpl_context as c
[Wed Sep 05 00:34:47 2012] [error]
[Wed Sep 05 00:34:47 2012] [error]   authorize(method, bucket, label,
c.userobj, self.ofs)

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Sean Hammond <sean.hammond at okfn.org> wrote:

> > A log file is attached: it happened when a file selected and uploaded. It
> > seems that ofs.impl needs to be added in ini file. BTW, I installed CKAN
> > with packages.
>
> Yes, from the log file it looks like ofs.impl is missing from your
> config file. You need to put ofs.impl in your ini file, plus some other
> settings which depend on whether you're using local or cloud file
> storage. You'll also need to install either pairtree or boto. Follow the
> docs here:
>
> http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.7.1/filestore.html
>
> It should work fine with a 1.7.1 package install

Dr.Dr. Haklae Kim
Semantic Web and Open Data Hacker
http://thedatahub.kr
http://getthedata.kr
http://blogweb.co.kr
Tel: +82-(0)10-3201-0714
Who's Who in the World's 27th Edition - 2010
IBC 2000 Outstanding Scientists - 2010