[ckan-dev] Customizing ckan

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Mon Sep 3 09:29:37 UTC 2012

> I want to customize the ckan site, so I change the elements in the config
> file (in my case /pyenv/src/ckan/development.ini) : ckan.site_title and
> ckan.site_description. I cleared my browser's cache but nothing changed. In
> the same way, I created a 'my-public/image' directory in  /pyenv/src/ckan,
> I put an image file but I didn't manage to make the logo appear in my
> theme. Did I miss something ?

The title and description should have changed when you edited the config
file. Here are some guesses:

Are you testing CKAN using a paster serve develpoment.ini file? If you
you can try killing paster (with ctrl-c) and then starting it again, and
also make sure that the ini file you're specifying in the paster serve
command is the same file you edited.

Or are you running CKAN in deployment with a web server like Apache? If
so try restarting the web server after editing your ini file (e.g. sudo
service apache2 restart).

If neither of these work, does your ini file contain more than one
ckan.site_title line? There should only be one