[ckan-dev] RFC: solr schema 2.0

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 10:26:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

As we are making the transition to 2.0 I think it would be a good time to
transition the solr schema to use the same version number as the ckan
release it is part of.

a) It would be simpler for the user/customer to understand
b) After branching we could create a new schema (copy of the old one) in
master and then changes in that schema for branches would be a delta on
that schema not a whole new file - this would make the changes easier to see

What do people think of this as an idea

Also if we move to solr 2.0 schema are there any major cleanups/changes
needed that we could do at this point and say you need to do a clean solr
rebuild for this version (I am not aware of any myself but others may -
deprecated fields etc)

Tobes