[ckan-dev] [ckan-discuss] Suggested Researchers Took: can it work on CKAN?

Joss Winn jwinn at lincoln.ac.uk
Thu Sep 27 08:23:22 UTC 2012

A lab note book that somehow connects to CKAN would be nice. In the past, I've wondered about a variant of Etherpad-lite, maybe with a Git backend. We ran a hack weekend, where a group developed such a tool:

http://2011.devxs.org/wiki/Teams#Team_RevisionHub

Another tool that Researchers already use as an electronic notebook is Labtrove.

http://www.labtrove.org/

Here are some examples: http://www.ourexperiment.org/

It looks and feels a lot like a blog and despite having installed, it, I'm still wondering what it offers over something like WordPress.

Joss

--
Joss Winn
http://lncd.lincoln.ac.uk/