[ckan-dev] Urgent: org changes clarification

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 10:03:30 UTC 2012

from

https://raw.github.com/okfn/ckan/c49c3d7a6e6a635ceecd796b55a679f519242830/doc/organizations_and_groups.rst

* **Anyone** can see a list of all an organization's _public_ datasets
* **Anyone** can see a list of all a group's datasets (groups can't
have private datasets, they're all public)

This is contradictory/broken logic

options

a) any dataset can be in a group but viewers of the group only see
datasets they can see
b) any private datasets are never seen as groups datasets even though
they may be in the group
c) if a dataset becomes private it is removed from ALL groups it is in
(REGARDLESS of any rights they have to ANY of those groups)

I vote for (b) what do people think?

Also on the bigger issue can we agree that datasets organization
owners can do things like remove them from groups regardless of group
ownerships and do we make this more explicit?