[ckan-dev] Harvest validation error

Ryan Clark ryan.clark at azgs.az.gov
Tue Apr 16 19:17:48 UTC 2013

When I set up a new CKAN instance (ckan, ckanext-harvest, ckanext-spatial all @release-v2.0), and use the csw_harvester, all my harvested records fail with the following error:
Validation Error: {'Id': 'The input field id was not expected.'}

Adria mentioned here: https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-harvest/issues/11 that the issue was fixed and merged into release-v2.0 (https://github.com/okfn/ckan/issues/716). Still, I've run into the issue twice in two very different environments.

I'm confused because what happened in my development environment was: running paster --plugin=ckanext-harvest harvester fetch_consumer from my terminal, I got these ID errors. Then I tried running the same thing from Eclipse's debugger, and that worked. Once it worked that time, I was able to re-run the harvests with the fetch_consumer running from terminal...

Then I moved to a production situation, running fetch_consumer from terminal, and I get the ID error. I'm not exactly sure where to start looking for the problem.

Any advice much appreciated!

Ryan Clark
Arizona Geological Survey
ryan.clark at azgs.az.gov