[ckan-dev] Packaging

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Mon Apr 22 09:26:25 UTC 2013

Hi,

I was looking for the deb package for 2.0, which although the docs (http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/install-from-package.html#run-the-package-installer) describe 1.X I thought might be at http://apt.ckan.org/ckan-2.0 but it isn't.  Are there any plans to provide a deb package for the 2.x branch? Install from source is great for developers, less so for sysadmins who I'd guess are likely to be the people installing CKAN.

An an aside, the docs also suggest Ubuntu 10.04 and Postgres 8.4, are these still the recommended platforms?

Cheers

Ross