[ckan-dev] Packaging

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Mon Apr 22 10:26:04 UTC 2013

Great, thanks Sean.

I really do hope someone will have time to do this as I think install from source is a barrier for some people, not everyone is a dev and/or comfortable with doing it that way.

The current docs are *extremely* confusing especially as latest is labelled 2.1, and there's no sign of 2.0 docs at all. Perhaps it would be less confusing if latest only ever pointed to a released version (1.8, hopefully 2.0 soon)? I could understand latest just pointing to master if devs were the sole audience, but I'm not sure this is the case any more.

Ross.