[ckan-dev] License ckanext-spatial

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Tue Apr 30 22:36:09 UTC 2013

Why is it not fit for reuse? It is the rather open OGL licence and
compatible with CC-BY. (It is not copyleft.)

However I think there could be another argument that all CKAN
Extensions are 'part of' or 'derivatives of' CKAN, so must be AGPL. In
addition OKF might argue that the portions they wrote for UK Gov
should not be licensable under OGL - the terms of the contract that
this work was produced are not clear. If OKF was keen to change it to
AGPL then I expect I could get UK Gov agreement, and that might avoid
unnecessary doubt.

David