[ckan-dev] Datastore and preview of CSV file

Dominik Moritz dominik.moritz at okfn.org
Mon Aug 5 22:03:47 UTC 2013

Hey Aaron,

The log says that there is a problem with the permissions (permission denied for schema public). During set-up, you created two users for the datastore. One with only read permissions and one with write permissions. The second user seems to have the wrong permissions. Could you rerun the step that sets the permissions? If that doesn't help, try one of the other options. You can try the permissions by connecting directly to the database using psql and the read-write user. You should be able to create tables and types with that user.

If that doesn't help either, please tell me a little bit more about your set-up.

Having said this, the error from you email is not related to the datastore. The problem here (DNS lookup failed for URL) is that the resource you are trying to preview is in a location that cannot be reached from the internet. As long as your resource is not in the datastore, the file needs to be accessible from the web to be previewable.

Best wishes,
Dominik