[ckan-dev] Deciding default value of field in datastore

Dominik Moritz dominik.moritz at okfn.org
Wed Aug 7 11:06:37 UTC 2013

Hi Lasse,

Actually, this feature did't occur to me at that time. I think it's a useful addition and should be easy to implement. We'd need to extend the field [1] to also have a `default`attribute. Since it's not a feature that I need at the moment but I guess is quite useful, I'd like to help you with it but won't be able to implement it myself. If you want, we can discuss details on irc at #ckan [2]. I'm dooblydoo.

Best wishes,
Dominik

[1] http://docs.ckan.org/dv/latest/datastore.html#fields
[2] http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ckan