[ckan-dev] Group Addition

Fawcett, David (MNIT) David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Mon Dec 2 16:45:55 UTC 2013

If you are using a recent version of CKAN, there is the API route for purging groups:
http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/api.html#ckan.logic.action.delete.group_purge

I hesitate to suggest direct interaction with the database (not going through the API), but I have done this a few times to deal with an issue like this.  You don't want to try deleting records because of the complexity, but you could use an update statement to change the name of the 'deleted' group.  This would fix the issue with the unique constraint on the group name.