[ckan-dev] Problem with CKAN instance behind reverse proxy

Alex Urbanowicz alex.urbanowicz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 17:26:51 UTC 2013

Hello

I have a CKAN instance that due to local requirements is placed behind
a reverse proxy and the server has a private class IP address. The DNS
name assigned to the CKAN server points at the reverse proxy on the
outside, and at the actual server is defined in hosts as pointing to
outgoing interface IP address. The front page of the CKAN instance
loads OK, but when I try to log in from outside, the browser gets a
redirect request *pointing to private IP address of the server*. Is
there any rationale behind that?

How can I fix that so it uses only FQDN-s it is told to use?

CKAN version 1.8, fresh package install on Ubuntu.

Alex