[ckan-dev] CKAN 2 permissions / publisher mode question

Joshua Tauberer tauberer+consulting at govtrack.us
Thu Feb 7 14:12:53 UTC 2013

On 02/06/2013 05:31 AM, Sean Hammond wrote:
> Keep in mind that the IAuth plugin interfaces allows a CKAN plugin to
> override any of CKAN's authorization functions (or to add its own), so
> even without your pull request in core you can still use a ckan
> extension to get the "locked down" behaviour that you want for your
> site.

I know you guys mean well with the extensions, but the documentation is
so limited it's really not an option.

What I've been doing instead is just maintaining a fork (
https://github.com/HHS/ckan/tree/hd_local-v2.0) where I apply the
patches that I hope you'll eventually accept.

--
- Joshua Tauberer
- http://razor.occams.info