[ckan-dev] CKAN 2 permissions / publisher mode question

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri Feb 8 08:53:34 UTC 2013

> I know you guys mean well with the extensions, but the documentation
> is so limited it's really not an option.

Are the extension writing docs really that bad?

http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/writing-extensions.html

Reading those docs and then perhaps supplementing that knowledge by
looking for the plugin interfaces and their methods in the source code,
should give you a good idea of how to use a given plugin interface I
think. You can also look at ckanext-* repos in the okfn organization on
github for examples, or ask here.

I agree that the docs for some of the specific plugin interfaces are
extremely minimal, this is something we're hoping to improve soon, we'd
like to produce an example extension for each plugin interface, which
both documents how to use the plugin interface and also doubles as a
unit test for it. Any code contributions here would be welcome!