[ckan-dev] CKAN 2 permissions / publisher mode question

Joshua Tauberer tauberer+consulting at govtrack.us
Fri Feb 8 14:56:16 UTC 2013

On 02/08/2013 03:53 AM, Sean Hammond wrote:
>> I know you guys mean well with the extensions, but the documentation
>> is so limited it's really not an option.
> Are the extension writing docs really that bad?

Yes.... If I start here in the docs:

> IAuthorizer
>     Allows customisation of the default Authorization behaviour.

And then scroll down, I'm already confused by the change in name of the
interface:

> /class/ckan.plugins.interfaces.IAuthFunctions
>
>     Allow customisation of default Authorization implementation

But ok. So then what do I implement? Here's the documentation for that.

> get_auth_functions()
>
>         Returns a dict of all the authorization functions which the
>         implementation overrides

What is the set of authorization functions that can be overridden? What
should the dict map those functions to (strings, callables)? And what
must those functions actually do so as to not break standard auth behavior?

I know creating good plugin architecture is really hard, and so is
writing documentation, so I'm not criticizing here --- just answering
your question.

--
- Joshua Tauberer
- http://razor.occams.info