[ckan-dev] inconsistency, and pb deleting resource

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Feb 13 09:38:38 UTC 2013

Hey,

1. The right way to form an Action API URL is like:

   /api/3/action/resource_delete
   /api/3/action/resource_update

  They both work for me (on the current master branch) if I give the
  right resource ID and API key.

2. From the docs, it looks like resource_delete was only added to CKAN 2,
   it's missing from the CKAN 1.8 docs, so you will get "action not
   found: resource_delete" from CKAN 1.8 I think.

   Action API reference for CKAN 1.8:
   http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.8/apiv3.html

   and for 2.0: http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/apiv3.html

3. I don't think that URLs like:

   /api/action/delete/resource_delete
   /api/action/update/resource_update

  are supported at all. When you call that and get a 404 resource could
  not be found, the "resource" it can't find is the endpoint
  /api/action/delete/resource_delete, not the CKAN resource.

I'm actually in the process of re-writing the API docs for the upcoming
CKAN 2.0 release, hopefully the new version should be clearer, any
feedback would be appreciated:

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/358
https://ckan.readthedocs.org/en/255-update-api-docs/#the-ckan-api