[ckan-dev] R: Dpm and DataDeck rewriting. What about ckanclient?

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Mon Feb 18 13:21:30 UTC 2013

> I am committed to develop python-ckanclient around the (beta) APIv3; therefore around Action, Search, and Status codes.
> I will come back to the mailing list when I have got something to show.

Great to hear.

Keep in mind that the Action API will no longer be beta in the upcoming
CKAN 2.0, and also that the CKAN 1.8 Action API docs are out of date.
There's a pull request for the new Action API docs here, you should
follow these instead:

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/358

In particular, the Search API and Status Codes aren't part of the Action
API and are going to be come "legacy" APIs. The Action API has
package_search and resource_search actions instead, and it uses the
"success" key in the response dict instead of HTTP status codes. It's
all in the docs.