[ckan-dev] Spatial extension and deprecated Search API at v2

Ryan Clark ryan.clark at azgs.az.gov
Mon Feb 18 18:07:09 UTC 2013

On Feb 18, 2013, at 6:21 AM, Sean Hammond <sean.hammond at okfn.org> wrote:
> Keep in mind that the Action API will no longer be beta in the upcoming
> CKAN 2.0, and also that the CKAN 1.8 Action API docs are out of date.

Hearing that the search API is going to be deprecated brought up a question I have for the folks working on the spatial extension.

As I understand, the spatial search functionality is implemented through the search API. If that will be deprecated at 2.0, will the spatial extension be adjusted to add spatial query functionality to the Action API? My project is working with the spatial extension and if we can future-proof our searches, we'd like to jump on it sooner rather than later.

Thanks!

Ryan Clark
ryan.clark at azgs.az.gov
(520) 302-4871