[ckan-dev] Spatial extension and deprecated Search API at v2

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Wed Feb 20 12:21:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

The spatial search functionality is implemented through the v3
package_search action, so it should not be affected by the deprecation
of the search API

eg

curl -XPOST -d @q.json http://localhost:5000/api/action/package_search
{
  "q": "data",
  "extras": {
    "ext_bbox":[-180, -90, 90, 180]
  }
}

We plan to improve the backend side of it using Solr4 geo
capabilities, but again that won't affect the interface.

Adrià