[ckan-dev] Multilingual Datasets in CKAN

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Tue Feb 26 13:18:06 UTC 2013

> Did you find the multilingual extension?
>
> http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/multilingual.html

Yes of course. But this provides some kind of "brute force" approach,
where you have to define terms and simply replace them when displaying
the frontend in a different language. We actually have source data and
meta data in different languages and want to provide it to the user.
The translation is per dataset and not hard-coded for the whole
instance.

Basically I was looking for something like the thing Ian described
(http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/2013-January/003740.html).
Thanks for the pointer!

-Stefan