[ckan-dev] trouble using harvesting extension

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Thu Jan 3 12:53:14 UTC 2013

On 28 December 2012 15:14, Miller, Gregory <gmiller at usgs.gov> wrote:

> I have installed CKAN on ubuntu 12.04 from the source code. I have installed the harvesting extension with no problems.  However when I try to run the following command to create the tables in the database (or any command for this extension):
>
> paster --plugin=ckanext-harvest harvester initdb --config=mysite.ini
>
> I get the following error:
>
>     from ckan.authz import Authorizer
> ImportError: No module name authz

This looks like a version conflict between CKAN core and the harvester
extension. Currently master on ckanext-harvest targets CKAN 1.8. If
you are using CKAN core master you will need to use the
4-new-auth-for-2.0 branch of ckanext-harvest, which is under
development.
If you need a stable ckanext-harvest you will need to target CKAN 1.8
for the time being.

Cheers,

Adrià